Monday 30 December 2013

Close Up Nurse Face

After creating the walking cycle, I decided I want to try out a different animation test and this test is a close up of the Nurse face. This shot is suppose to be from the kids point of view when he see her for the first time. For my research I looked at characters who looked similar to the Nurse character, I've watched a few episode of the animated series of Jonny Bravo to observe how the women facial expression are made when the character Jonny sees them for the first time and has a crush on them.


I have also watched a few episodes of the animated series of Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated I thought the character Daphne looked similar to the Nurse Character and I notice a close up Daphne face when she was signing on a stage. By looking at the images I have snap shot images from an episode it was helpful to see how Daphne would slowly close and open her eyes in each shot.

This is my first attempt of the close up Nurse face. I thought this animation didn't really work because it looked unnatural and the smile wasn't quick enough.

This is the second test I think it looks slightly better because, I've changed the lips so she would smile before her eyes are open. Therefore I think this animation worked well as the facial expression look natural.

I have then tried out different test as this time I've only animated her eyes so she would blink but her lips would stay the same and smiling all the way.

However I didn't really like the the lips because it seems to look rather large on her face so for this fourth animation test I've changed her lips so now its slightly smaller. Brett and I discussed about these close up test and we both thought this fourth test worked the best. However we also talked about the size of her face as it would probably work better if her face is a little closer.
  
I then used this test to created a slow motion test as I wanted to see if it would work better if the animation was in slow version.


Finally I then changed the size of the face so now it is slightly zoomed in as I have mentioned above that me and Brett wanted the face to be zoomed in so her shoulders wouldn't be showed. 


For this test I think it's improved because her face is zoomed in a lot so, hopefully this will make her eyes be the main focus in this scene. I have enjoyed creating these animation test but there are still improvements need to be made such as, trying out backgrounds effects or either having a pink background which makes the school Nurse look beautiful and irresistible to be missed. 
Below is an image I've print screen from the animated series of Dexter Laboratory. The character Mandock sees Dee Dee for the first time and falls in love with her appearance. This is the style I want the background to be similar to because with it being pink and having stars around her it makes her seem like shes sparkling.

No comments:

Post a Comment