Monday 30 December 2013

Nurse Animation Test

Lately I've been working on some animation tests, I started off with the character of the Nurse and this is my first walking cycle of the Nurse.

I am quite satisfied with this animation test as I like how I've animated her with the way her body bounces as well as her head when she walks. The Nurse character suppose to appear very fine looking and feminine. So I've created another animation test but this time I've animated her arms so she would look lively and even more feminine.

I'm quite pleased with this second animation because I think it worked well. I've animated her arms so it would move at the same time as her legs. However the Nurse character is based on Dexter's mother in the animated series of Dexter Laboratory.
In my research I have notice the way Dexter's mother walks is slightly different compare to my Nurse character because when she walks, her bottom half of her body moves while her top half stays the same. Below are some images I have copied and paste from an episode so it can help me observe the way she walks.
I have created this third animation test based on Dexter's mother walk. I thought my research was very useful as I could see how each step would come across.

For this fourth test I've added more key frame for each step so she would walk slightly slower. 
Overall I'm quite pleased with my the Nurse walking cycle. I've learnt how important the way a character can show their personality by just observing the way they walk. By looking at the fourth animation test I could see the difference compared to the first two because now she comes across more feminine as well as being elegant. Where as the first two she appears very cheerful and youthful. However there are still improvements need to be made as I still have to add the background so I could correct the size as well the timing.




No comments:

Post a Comment